Student Visa to Slovakia
If studying abroad lasts more than 90 days, the student will need a permit. A special document is issued for the Slovak Republic: student visa to Slovakia. This is a Schengen visa, which is valid on the territory of another 27 countries of the Schengen area, allowing its holder to travel freely throughout Europe.
The manager of the International Union of Youth will help to choose the best option for each applicant, taking into account his situation. We will also take care of all documents and organizational issues during the filing process.
Important to remember:
The application is submitted to the Consular Section of the Slovak Embassy, and from there it will be forwarded to the regional branch of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, where the experts will make a decision.
- Documents are submitted in Slovak, and all foreign certificates must be translated into it and certified by a notary.
- It is necessary to submit the originals documents but if this is not possible, the copies are also certified by a Slovak notary.
- If more than 180 days have passed since the document was issued, it will not be accepted.
- A passport is required, the validity of which is at least 90 days longer than the validity period of the requested visa.
You also need to pay a consular fee, the amount of which depends on your country of residence – contact us for more information.
Arriving in the Slovak Republic, the student must register with the police for foreigners and undergo a mandatory medical examination (paid separately, from 150 euros).
The International Union of Youth helps all its students to obtain a Slovak visa.
Documents required when applying for a visa to Slovakia
- Original identity card (passport or birth certificate for persons under 18) and its certified copies (2 copies of each completed page).
- A valid international passport and photocopies of previous visas, if any.
- 2 photographs – 3.5 x 4.5 cm, which clearly show the applicant’s face. They should be neatly cut and signed on the back in Latin letters.
- An invitation from an educational institution in Slovakia and confirmation of your admission to the chosen university (or preparatory courses).
- A receipt confirming that the consular fee has been paid.
- A document that confirms that the applicant has the amount of money necessary for living in the country. Without proof of financial solvency, the student will be denied a visa.
- Confirmation that the student has a place where he will live in the coming year. It can be a lease agreement, sublease, or a document confirming the settlement in the student residence.
- Сertificate of good conduct in the applicant’s home country.
- Copies of all listed documents.
Student visa to Slovakia: how to get
You can submit documents via e-mail to the Slovak Consulate. If the form is filled out incorrectly, the application will most likely be rejected. But with the International Union of Youth, there is no need to worry about this: our managers have great experience in submitting applications, so they will help you fill out the form quickly and competently.
The applicant personally sends the documents and must be present when receiving the visa. This is an important requirement, therefore, the participation of the future student in the process of obtaining a visa is compulsory.
The period in which a student visa to Slovakia is issued depends on the period for which it is required. Usually, it does not exceed 60 days, but in some cases, it can be 120. For more information, check with our managers – you can fill out the application form at the bottom of the page or contact us in any way convenient for you.